Sunday, August 5, 2007

Punjab..A Scenic City In India

A Punjabi friend, a brother ,introduce a very scenic city to me a few weeks back. Although I havent heard the city name yet in India, I was so amazed with the view when my friend send me this pictures. I got carried away with the scenes I saw and so decided to make some research about Punjab city located in India. According to my research, Punjab is a land hallowed by saints and scarred by battles, an ancient land yielding archaeological treasures, a land of palaces and museums. A visitor to Punjab can see the Golden Temple at Amritsar, the sword of Hazrat Ali at Anandpur Sahib, the world's highest straight gravity dam at Bhakra, India’s Steel City – Gobindgarh, and the world‘s biggest grain market at Khanna. No one has ever gone back from Punjab without leaving a part of himself behind and taking part of Punjab with him. Reading this lines, I'm not mistaken that Punjab is a great city. I have decided to post the pictures my friend gave me and asked permissions to allow me to post it here. Hope I could have the chance to actually visit this place....

P.S. Pictures below were originally posted at my old blogsite
http://www.cherryzone.faithweb.com/















Additional Pictures.... Thanks Friend







No comments:

Post a Comment