Thursday, August 30, 2007

Belly Dancing.. Quite Interesting

I've watched some video clips of Belly Dancing in youtube.com this morning and it caught my interest a lot. I was captivated by the uniqueness of the dance and so I made some research how it could help attain most of women's goal which is getting into shape. In Asia, it was said that Belly Dancing is a dance to usher in a new birth while in Turkey, it is considered a folk dance referred to as oryantal dansı ("Dance of the East") . Belly dance is a Western name for an Arabic style of dance developed in the Middle East. In Europe, it is sometimes called oriental dance. It is other means of physical fitness that will help burn out calories and will shape one's body. I've been doing the circuit workout for 2 months now despite of my very busy schedules and so my body is adapting. It causes lots of muscle pains before but as I keep on doing it regularly, I'm now starting to enjoy the benifits it could give. Now I see Belly Dancing is quite interesting as well and so I may try this also at home besides I do love dancing....hehehe. They said a single belly dance session works hundreds of muscles, burns calories and helps to de-stress . I have read about Belly Dancing from CNN article and one teacher quoted. "The neck moves and the shoulders move and the chest lifts and the diaphragm lifts. The pelvis goes up and down, It's soft for the joints and yet it's very energetic and very aerobic." Hmmmm... quite helpful and exciting huh. Anyway, I saw these videos from youtube.com, it's actually for beginners like me who would love to try Belly dancing. The language though was interpreted from English to Russian I think.. not quite sure though. But still, it's easy to learn. Oh I will surely try this at home..


BELLY DANCING FOR BEGINNERS (PART 1)



Belly Dancing (Part 2)

Belly Dancing (Part 3)

Belly Dancing (Part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment