Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Full Moon in the morning?


Wow!! is the word that came out from my mouth when I gazed such wonderful sight in the sky early this morning at around 7:30 am. I can see a full circle light embracing the whole blue sky as it was like floating between these tall buildings. It was so beautiful and while looking at it, it's like I'm imagining two swans under it mesmerizing the serenity of a perfect romance. The color is blended with dark orange and yellow that glows marvelously; encircling a dark black ring in it. I'm viewing its full circle at the eighteenth floor of the HDB flat where I'm staying. I'm not sure whether it is the moon or the sun rising so I made some research. And base from the astronomy calendar that I read, it says and I quote
"October 20, 2010 - Comet Hartley 2 will make its closest approach to Earth, coming within 11.2 million miles. For a few days around October 20, the comet should be bright enough to view with the naked eye in the early morning sky. You will, however, need to be far away from the glow of city lights. Look to the east just before sunrise. In early November, NASA's Deep Impact spacecraft will observe comet Hartley 2 from a distance of about 600 miles."

( Source: http://www.seasky.org/astronomy/astronomy_calendar_2010.html)






















So wow, that must be a comet Hartley 2 then? I took pictures but the quality not so good. I just used my phone camera but I’m still glad I manage to capture it. It was so pretty like while gazing it I can actually think of many beautiful words. Well I just hope that this comet will not bring harm to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment