Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Malaysia Trip 2011

Woahh.. I know I need to blog all the happenings during my Malaysia trip last Saturday. You know I seemed feeling lazy to write something now as I am still regaining my energy after draining most of it last weekend. But I am afraid I will lose some important highlights of the trip so I will really force myself now to at least put here the details. Over all, I had fun and it was all worth it. It was also some sort of eating all day long aside from picture taking and gazing such a wonderful historical sights particularly in Melaka, the world's heritage city. Our IT boss was so kind enough as he toured us around and made some stopovers at a particular restaurants to taste some of the famous meals there like the Tangkak Beef at Restoran Kuang Fei at Johor Bahru for the breakfast, the Restoran Nasi Ayam for the chicken rice ball at Melaka for lunch and Restoran Nyonya Makko at Johor Bahru for the dinner.

We visited two towns of Malaysia namely, Johor Bahru and Melaka or also known as Malacca. I was quite amazed to know that in Melaka, you can actually see buildings built in decades and surprisingly people living there meticulously preserved it. No wonder they recognized Melaka as “the world heritage city”. From museums, fortresses and churches, you can actually see there that it still strongly standing and became one of the famous tourist spots of the town. I was able to see the Porta de Santiago or the gate of Saint James. It is the sole remaining gateway into the former fortress, known as A Famosa, built by the Portuguese when they conquered Malacca in 1511. Everything you could see there is very historical that I feel a bit saddened, as I really didn’t get to explore everything yet. A one-day tour will not make it as the city is filled with many interesting sights and places. Wish I can go back there again and stay for a couple of days. My boss suggested that it I intend to visit there again, it is a perfect spot if I get to stay at Holiday Inn Hotel. As from there, you can actually see all the famous area of Melaka including the A' Famosa backgrounds.

We had also toured the famous “Jonker Market” where you can actually buy souvenirs and much other stuff. We tasted the famous chiken rice ball, get to dropped by at Tangkak store and got to see the "Husband" and 'Wife" Cake. I got the chance also to sit in a heavily decorated bicycle rigshaw or pedicab. That was my first time to see a pedicab heavily adorned with flowers. Tourist can actually take a ride and can be toured around the historic village of Melaka.

I really had fun. Thanks to my colleagues and also to our IT boss who tended to be our driver/tourist guide.

Yahoooooo!!!

Here are some of the pictures I took.. ^_^






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for enjoying your trip there. I think it is a nice place to tour around and experience their culture which is different from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's a nice place. I dont know if ill be able to visit there again. but nevertheless, I was able to see some nice spots there....Im glad.. :-)

    ReplyDelete