Tuesday, October 23, 2007

ORINOCO FLOW..

A friend from Michigan asked me to view the video of Celtic Woman performing their own rendition of ORINOCO FLOW originally sung by ENYA. Enya happens to be one of my favorite artist and so, my interest was easily caught considering also that I have already listened to Enya's version of the song. I was grateful indeed because it's the first time I get to watch Celtic Woman doing their performance. Actually, I'm not much familiar of this group and so I made research about them.

Celtic Woman is a
musical group comprised of six Irish female artists. The original members include four vocalists Méav Ní Mhaolchatha, Órla Fallon, Lisa Kelly, Chloë Agnew and the violinist Máiréad Nesbitt. A sixth member, Hayley Westenra, a New Zealander of Irish descent, joined the group on August 24, 2006. Westenra is well known in her own right for her previous hits "Wuthering Heights" and "Dark Waltz. All of the original artists have solo albums created prior to the formation of Celtic Woman.The group's repertoire goes from traditional Celtic tunes to modern songs.


Here's The Video below to those interested. Thanks Mike.....





ENYA'S VERSION OF ORINOCO FLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment