Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A New Day

It's definitely a lovely morning today. I feel inspired and a bit excited with my iteneraries for today. After lunch time I'll be out in the office to test my driving skills. I have no choice now but to really drive because most of the time I'll be out in the office to attend clients meeting. I told myself before that I will never put myself in the drivers seat and just always be a passenger because of my traumatic experience few years ago. I was seating in the front seat during that time as we travel the winding road of Gingoog when suddenly our pick up was hit by a "Bagong Lipunan" bus almost head on. All I could remember was the window glasses were broken into pieces and some of it was caught in my eyes. The driver that time, a co-worker of mine dont have the choice but to stay calm and try to open his eyes despite of the broken glasses because if not we will fall in the cliff. It was traumatic for him too since he needs lots of operations just to get the smallest pieces of that glasses from his two eyes. Since that incident, I never sit in the front seat; how much more in driving a car. That was two years ago when the management ask me to handle Consumer Information Technology Department which basically handles client's concerns and implement systems anywhere in the neighboring areas; that I have started to conquer my fear and force myself to sit in the front seat. It was too hard for me especially whenever a big bus is approaching. It feels like I want to jump and it's like a flashback to me. After one year, I feel ok with the front seat issue and recently I have started to drive a car. It's a bit scary still up to now but I'm conquering my fears. Presence of mind and be extra careful when driving are the importnat things to consider. I can do this. If other woman could do it, why can't I? *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment