Saturday, September 5, 2009

CDO Rotary Club 3RD Joint Fellowship

Last night, I have attended our city's Rotary Club fellowship at Ghana Lim Ketkai. I thought that was just a small gathering since I'm not much aware what's really the purpose of that event. It was actually not just a fellowship but also the launching of the 1st CDO Rotary Gawad Kalinga Village with Congressman Rufus B. Rodriguez as the main sponsor. I was SO happy that I got the chance to meet and actually have conversation with the famous city officials as well as the major player businessman in the city. They were very accommodating and nice. That meeting was attended by 5 Rotary clubs in Cagayan de Oro City.The Rotary Club of Uptown CDO, Rotary Club of CDO Centerpoint, Rotary Club of Carmen Valley West, Rotary Club of CDO Far East, and the Rotary Club of West CDO who actually accommodated me well and sponsored me. My Sincere thanks to PDG Cocoy Velez , Chairman of Board Advisers for Rotary Club West CDO who personally accompanied me and explained to me how the rotary works and help the community. I was so flattered when Director Fe Juarez,mentioned during her welcome address how I was given the invitation to join the Rotary club. It was all started actually when I filled up an application form at the Rotary International website last July. I have never expected that the application was forwarded to my city's Rotary club officials. They called me up last Friday and invited me to join them last night. I simply thought that it was just a small gathering and have never expected that I'll be called in front together with the other invited guest. All of the Rotarians gave us a hand shake welcoming us to the group. It was so flattering. Miss Kagay-an 2009 and her court was also there speaking their motives and projects for the community. I was assessing everything last night asking myself am I in the right group. It's my dream to build a foundation someday and help the less fortunate. As I scanned the crowd, it feels that I'm not yet ready to face this kind of challenge and so I have decided to put on hold my membership for now until such time that I'll become fully ready to meet the requirements. Rotary clubs in the city has bigger projects and would really cost millions and not to mention the time it will require. I would love to join them but I think, now is not yet the time. Like what Mr. Manoloto said, also invited to join the group whom I also got the chance to share my insights, 'there are many ways in helping the community and it's up to us where to we feel comfortable and happy'. I was really glad I have met many people in there. Sir Roger Uy and Sir Chito Sarraga were also very kind to accommodate me. The food was great and I really enjoyed the evening. GOD Bless and Good luck to their future endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment