Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rotary CLub Of Kalayaan District 3780


Last night, I joined the RC Kalayaan’s weekly meeting at P'joes Diner Limketkai. I received the invitation from the club president and allowed myself to attend and observe. Many of the Rotarians joined and actually I have conversation with. These past few days I am very determined to join a rotary club in our district because for one I love being in a group. And the idea of being a Rotarian gives me excitement since it is helping community at the same time enlarging the circle of professional acquaintances. While listening to their meeting last night as well as observing the dynamics of each Rotarian present, I said to myself "I finally found my group". I am quite determined now to continue attending their meetings for me to become a fully pledge Rotarian under RC Kalayaan. Last night also was an honor to hear a vocational speech from one the members/Rotarians, Fr. Olario a parish priest. He said and I quote "Success is not only being measured in terms of career achievements and richness but also in giving and serving without expecting for a return". And that is the greatest challenge being a Rotarian "Service above self".

The group of RC Kalayaan is very fun to be with and we describe it in our native language "Cowboy kaayo". Though last night was my very first to joined them and talked to them, I feel being myself already. Members can freely speak and share what's on their minds. Being first time in this kind of service, I wish to start little by little. I am still young and with GOD's grace and guidance, One of these days I would be able also to achieve the fulfillment of serving others , the acquaintances and camaraderie achieved by other Rotarians whom shall I say in their golden age now. The group of RC Kalayaan by the way is composed of men and women who's age bracket is between 30's to 50's. Each of them belongs to different industries and it was exciting mingling with them and knowing them well eventually. Deciding to join their group right now is a perfect timing for me since they will be holding their fellowship next week. This will be a great opportunity for me to meet all 40 plus members, I hope. To sum it all, I did enjoy the evening with them and it was indeed a privilege to know lots of details about Rotary Club of Kalayaan. There are still many things to learn like how they operate and do their projects but I am pretty sure I will be able to get all the information I need every meetings that I will be attending, definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment