Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Glimpse of My Childhood Years

Hi. I know it's been quite overdue in updating my blog. Lots of things to be done both school and office that keeps me very busy these days. I just finish making some part of our school requirements and I have decided to post it here as well. It's a flashback of my my childhood years. Though I have not cover everything but at least I was able to take a glimpse of my past. Hope I will somehow make you inspired by sharing my memories.


A Glimpse Of My Childhood Years
By: Cherry



Being born as the eldest among the siblings, I was taught to be tough and trained how to tolerate pain mentally and emotionally. I’ve been asking many times why I need to experience all those punishments and why discipline always accompanied with belts. But now I understand that perhaps that was meant to be for me to become a strong woman as what I am right now.



I’ve been trying to analyze why my parents before were so strict. At a very young age of 18 and 19, my parents gave me life and brought me into this world which I’m always grateful with for the rest of my life. Like with any other couples who marry at a very young age, my parents’ undergone lots of adjustments in their years of marriage. They maybe a strict parents and despite of all of those reprimands and punishments, I know deep in their heart that they love us very much.


My elementary years were full of fun and interesting experiences. I was included in the “Lakambini and Prinsesa 85” competition way back 1985. I was 6 yrs old way back then but still managed to won the first runner up place. Despite of being little and new to those kinds of things, people were much entertained watching me doing the ramping on the stage. I could still remember that I was wearing a long Muslim-oriented gown encircled with beads and lots of glowing materials. That dress was so unique that until now we kept it.

I will never forget that part of my childhood because that’s the first time that I was exposed and was able to gain some self-confidence. Also, when I was six years old my father who loves singing very much started to train me with vocalization. He made me join to a singing contest in some barrios and I will never forget my first singing piece entitled “Hello” by Lionel Riche. Another encounter of joining princess contest was when I was 8 yrs old and it was followed during my grade 5 years when they let me joined again the united nation contest. I was representing United States Of America during that time. I feel my heart really tickles while trying to remember all these things that sometimes it made me wish to go back in the past.



My high school days brought me mix experiences. It was during those years that I have discovered that I have the talent to act onstage. On my first year in high school, I tended to become a shy type one. I never join the crowd and I have few close friends. My third year brought me somehow a unique experience when an instructor became my suitor. And of course I face lots of rumors during that time despite of my being innocence. I am so glad, I face that all and was able to stood up and cleaned my name. My fourth year was the most enjoyable one. That was the time when I got myself qualified in a theater guild and was able to act on stage. I have undergone trainings like the one being done by an actors and actresses. I was so fortunate that I have experienced all those things. We played the “Tatarin” by Nick Joaquin and I really love the role that was given to me. I acted as the sophisticated woman and I really had fun practicing wearing those 3 inches hills while holding that artificial cigar. As I could recall, I was wearing a lavender backless dress. So sexy indeed! That experience really helped me build more confidence to face people and express myself freely.

It’s is my father’s line preferring Engineering as the chosen profession. And probably it explains why I have decided to enroll myself in Computer Engineering. I know it would be tough and I need to add another year to finish it since it’s a 5-year course. Yes indeed I was “burning my eyebrows” every night while complying all the requirements and not to mention the very technical things that I need to understand well. I had fun during my college years though. It is noted that in engineering, girls were outnumbered with boys. But they treated us girls very gently just like a sister. During my 5th year, we went to Manila and visited multiple companies as we had conducted our educational tour. That was my first time to see the views of Manila and also my first time to see the beauty of Baguio City. It was a remarkable experience and I will always cherish the memories forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment