Thursday, July 24, 2008

A touch of an Angel



Last night, I caught myself trapped in a scary place feeling helpless and clueless uttering no words but a prayer to GOD to help me find ways to handle the situation. It all started around 6pm in the evening when me and one of our sales manager ride together to check a certain client. But since I was in hurry because I need to attend my MBA class around 6:30 in the evening, I decided to take a jeepney since my school is not that far from there. It was already dark during that time and while looking for the route going to my school place, a "Konduktor" (refers to the assistant of the jeepney driver) approaches me and said "Xavier". Since that's the name of my school without further asking I simply get in and sit down. Since I feel stressed during that time, I hardly noticed the street where we're going. My mind was a bit busy but actually trying to relax my brain. After a few minutes, I'm back with myself again and starting to check if my school is already near. To my surprise, I find the place unfamiliar. That's was actually a diversion road if you would want to skip the busy traffic of the city. I ask the driver if aren't he going to pass my school. All of the passenger look at me and in their face I saw the concern because I mistakenly took that route. That was supposedly going to Xavier Heights and not Xavier University. I really don't know what to do during that time and just decided to get off. I heard one of the passenger and actually even the driver advice me to get off in the place where I could find a taxi. But it seems that I won't accept any suggestions during that time. I was really worried and all I could hear is the voice from my head. When I finally get off, I started to feel scared because the place is dark and there are only few houses in there. I started to look for a taxi, some pass by but there are already passengers inside. It's getting darker and my fear is growing. I was changing spots hoping that a taxi driver will see me. I feel so clueless and all I did was to pray that someone will help me. I've been really trying to find any means of transportation just for me to reach the place where I could find a taxi. Many private vehicles have passed. Since I keep on waving my hands, they must feel that I'm a bad person or worst some kind of a hooker :(. After awhile, finally my angel came and rescued me. It was a "Motorola" as what we call suddenly approaches and actually stop. I told him to help me because I was lost and I can't find a taxi for me to get back in the city proper. He said he needed to go somewhere but before going there he will help me first. Oh I was really relieved and just kept on saying thank you to him. We stopped in a street which is already a little bit familiar to me. He said I could find taxi in there. When I saw a security guard of a certain establishment, I finally let go of the fears but I am still shock with what had just happened. I gave the Motorolla driver a token which he declined. But I really insisted because for me he saves me. And again I thank him so much. He is my Angel and so blessed that GOD is always there for me.


After a few minutes, I finally got a taxi and simply go to the university. I was still really shock when I entered the campus and even when I entered the classroom. Some of my classmates really wondered what happened to me because it seemed that I'm not with myself during that time. I simply said I'm not doing ok and I just kept quite. I send messages to my family about what had happened. With their encouragement and understanding, I’m beggining to calm down and slowly removed the fears. I started to give smile and talk and later on finally manage to be with myself again. It was really a unique but fearful experience for me. What's my lesson? I should always read signs especially the route before getting in a jeepney or any other means of transportation. Thank GOD I am safe.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful story. Given the subject matter, I thought you might be interested in my post this morning.

    Grace and Peace,
    Raffi Shahinian
    Parables of a Prodigal World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi raffi. Thanks for visiting my site. Ok I will check your page. Thanks Again.

    GOD Bless.


    Cherry

    ReplyDelete