Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Notes

Here are some of my Sunday notes which I want to keep. Yesterday feels like I wisely consumed my entire day indulging myself  doing some very productive activities.

1. It's just a direction. Get it right!
          While I was inside the bus on my way to the church to attend the Sunday mass, the thoughts about getting a direction correctly suddenly popped up in my mind. Two years ago, I am sort of suffering a memory loss of direction. I mean it is very hard for me to recall a certain place even though I already visited it many times. I thought it was some sort of a disorder or something but I have evaluated again myself lately and found out that I am now so tuned at finding new places with less effort. I just realized that it was actually not a sickness or being born like that but I was just too lazy to force myself to be extra attentive to tiny details. I can still recall how desperate am I  finding a location or a meeting place. Whenever I need to visit a new place or a store, I just go inside without even looking at what's the name of that store or any landmarks nearby for me to be able to find it again. My friends sometimes get annoyed with me because when they mentioned a certain name of a store to meet up, they need to draw a map for me so I can get the picture. And it's not even my first time to visit that place. Yeah, I know that is quite annoying indeed. Anyways, I just noticed after my years of stay here in SG that my sense of getting direction improves a lot and getting lost is no longer an enormous concern to me. So how did I do it? 

Here are my tips:
     a. Pay attention to small details like colors, signs, and even how the air smells in that area. The smell can really helps.
     b. If you are visiting a new place, bring a street directory with you. If you are riding a bus, counting the bus stations as the bus stops is more effective than reading the name of the Bus station. They can change the station name anytime without your knowledge.
     c. Never be too dependent on the "Next Station Flashing Sign". The sensor might be not working properly and this will only mislead you.
     d. Follow your intuition. If you feel like the place is already near but not so sure how close you are, just alight and walk. Along the way, you can ask people how close you are. Just be friendly and don't look  desperate.
     e. Bring foods with you. Just in case you will feel hungry finding your way. Mind can work well if you are full.

2. Two Aspirin twice a day at 40's.
          While getting fixed up for Church, I was watching Dr. Oz  Show inside  my room. I love his show. It is quite informative particularly in taking good care of one's health. Yesterday's topic talked about how an Aspirin can actually be considered as a Miracle Pill. According to Dr. Oz and I quote, "There are 3 parts of the body that are benefited by a daily dose of an affordable, over-the-counter aspirin." Aspirin can prevent some of the most common kinds of cancer: colon and rectal cancer (the cancer that causes the second most disability and death in both men and women) and breast cancer. So when is the best age to take Aspirin?According to Dr. Oz, when we reached at our 40's we can start taking this twice a day.

To view Dr. Oz video discussing Aspirin as A Miracle Pill, click this link:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/aspirin-miracle-pill

Dr. Oz Show is among my favorite Talk Show. I love it!

3. The Ten Commandments.
            I am so blessed to hear GOD's message yesterday as the Holy Gospel talks about the Ten Commandments. No need to elaborate this as I already planted this one in my heart. 

"Thank You GOD for your undying love. I am not worthy to receive you but only say the word and I shall be healed."

4. Coffee and Pricing Strategies
            I am so grateful to Wikipedia for helping me getting a review on what method I should be using when pricing the products and services I'll be offering to the market. Although I have studied Masters in Business Administration for 2 years and half but how come I skipped this topic. In fact Pricing Methods is very significant. Or maybe I was too busy talking to my seatmates when our professor was discussing this one LOL. Anyways, I am considering Penetration Pricing, Psychological Pricing and Absorption Pricing. Just perfect for my soon to be shop.

These are the complete list of pricing strategies just in case you are also interested in reading about it too. 


Thank you Wikipedia. Your site rocks!!!

            
 Whoaaa! I feel stoked for my upcoming business. Hope to really make it.          

My new word for the day: (Got it from Owl City's tweet. Owl City's music inspires me a lot.) 
      ~ Stoked.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment