Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Vegetarian

First time I have to come face to face with a Vegetarian. I have heard a thousand times about it and it was just so amazing to actually talk to a person who is really on strict vegetables and fruits diet. I asked her since when she started being a Vegetarian and she answered since she was a little girl. It's like all her life she is very proud to be a Vegetarian. My jaw fell for such an amazing lifestyle and I can't really imagine myself where to start if I choose also to become one. Deep beneath myself, it's like there's an urge to start living in a more healthier way. I keep on telling myself that I want to be a Vegetarian but actually without realizing what is the true meaning of it. What is Vegetarianism anyway?  So i went to our friendly online dictionary  Wikipedia and got the full meaning of it.

       Vegetarianism encompasses the practice of following plant-based diets (fruits, vegetables, etc.), with or without the inclusion of dairy products or eggs, and with the exclusion of meat (red meat, poultry, and seafood). Abstention from by-products of animal slaughter, such as animal-derived rennet and gelatin, may also be practiced.  ( Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism)


All this time, my thinking about being a Vegetarian is you get to eat vegetables and fruits all the time but at the same time can eat fish and poultry products. After reading that entire article from Wikipedia site, I just found out that if your practice is following that way, then you will be classified as Semi-vegetarians wherein diets consist largely of vegetarian foods, but may include fish or poultry, or sometimes other meats on an infrequent basis. And in fact there are lots of varieties of Vegetarianism. Once my boss told me, If I want to become a Vegetarian I can start living by it little by little or else my health would give in. Since little up to now, I eat anything I want to eat. But as I grow older each day, I would love to make big difference in my life and that is loving life more and embracing a healthier way of lifestyle. I would really love to practice such way and I super salute all the Vegetarians out there for choosing a healthier habit. Even Adam Young of Owl City, my favorite artist is also a Vegetarian and the philosophy of contributing back to our environment is a very kind gesture. I love vegetables a lot and I'm preparing my mind now to actually start practicing the habit.Maybe I can start with being a Semi-vegetarian and when I'm 100% ready already then I can become totally vegetarian flawlessly without so much effort on it. It can be done, why not? I will really try my best to become one. Have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment